We are looking for two enthusiastic & ambitious people to join our busy private client department.
These are ideal roles for candidates who have experience in the probate/private client area of law.
The successful candidates will be well organised with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, the ability to work under pressure to set deadlines and have a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Please be aware that the salary for both positions will be dependent on experience.
Position: Full time (Permanent)
Job Description: This job description is not exhaustive. The job includes but is not limited to the following:
- The successful applicant will provide a broad scope of Private Client Services to their clients
- Estate planning advice, incorporating lifetime and Will planning and advice to families
- Acting as the trusted advisor for families
- Preparation of Wills and associated documents
- Probate and administration of deceased estates generally
- Drafting trusts of various forms, advising on administration and ongoing tax requirements
- Dealing with post-death planning including Deeds of Variation and Appointment
- Advice on and preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney, and advice on Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Dealing with HMRC, including correspondence and negotiation in respect of inheritance tax and capital gains tax submissions
- Working with a Paralegal/Secretary and other members of the Probate Department;
- Working with the Partners and other fee earners within the firm;
- Liaising with the Office Manager/Accounts department.
Accreditations & Experience
STEP and or SFE preferred and experience in elder client law preferred.
Position: Full time (Permanent)
Job Description: This job description is not exhaustive.
You will provide secretarial support to a busy Fee Earner, assisting with a broad variety of secretarial and administrative tasks, from audio typing to filing. There will be a high level of direct client contact, via telephone, email and face to face.
The job includes but is not limited to the following:
The role comprises:
- Assisting and working closely with the Solicitor/fee earner
- Production on a day to day basis of correspondence, bills and legal documents, as required
- Administrative procedures including the completion of all appropriate forms
- Making telephone enquiries, answering telephone enquiries and noting such attendances
- Keeping diary, arranging meetings between clients and/or others when necessary
- Maintaining and updating filing system
- Opening and closing files
- Regular contact with clients
- Where necessary, attending appointments outside of the office
- Other duties as may be appropriate
- Working with other members of the Probate Department and other fee earners within the firm;
- Liaising with the Office Manager/Accounts department;
- Working with other secretaries/support staff.
GCSE Maths and English.
Excellent typing and IT skills (preferably Word and Excel).
Having previously worked in a Probate Department is preferred.
Please apply in writing with your CV to:
Miss Karen Phillips
Sprake & Kingsley Solicitors
16 Broad Street